Five Reasons Why this Working Mom Watches "Scandal"
- I don't watch it just because of the salacious sex scenes, although like 50 Shades of Grey I am certain that "Scandal" has spiced up a lot of marriages.
- I don't just watch it because I am obsessed with the great clothes worn by Kerry Washington who plays the lead character "Olivia Pope", although I'd gladly give up an arm (scratch that, a pinky toe) to have that wardrobe. (As an aside, if they're looking for a double or someone to stand in for Kerry to do the lighting, perhaps ABC will call me and let me have that Prada bag she carries!:-)
- I don't watch it just because I long to have a "Gladiator" like Harrison who is played by Columbus Keith Short, Jr. who would have my back no matter what.
- I don't even watch it because I have great respect for the lawyer turned crisis manager who inspired the show, Judy Smith. Even though I have met Ms. Smith and found her to be completely lovely that's not it. (see photo below) I actually cannot even tell you why I like the show so much, but I will try.
- I think that the truth behind my love of the show is this, with "Scandal" Shonda Rhimes appeals to all of my senses, captures my imagination, and makes me wonder what is actually going on the life of my colleagues. The truth is the show is close enough to reality to make it really interesting!
On Demand, the Best Thing that has Happened Since the Invention of Television
Me With Judy Smith